For our lesson of Bathsheba 2 Samuel 11:1 – 12:25, here are some important points. The points do not directly answer the questions on pages 99-102 of the text, but may help you in our discussion of the Saturday Bible Study 08/16/2014.
1. Her name means “The Seventh Daughter” or ” The Daughter of an Oath” (Women of the Bible pg.99)
2. Her Beauty made her a victim of a king’s desire. (Women pg. 99)
3. The wife of Uriah, the Hittite, and daughter of Eliam. (2 Samuel 11:3)
4. She committed adultery with David. ( 2 Samuel 11:4)
5. She became the wife of David after Uriah was killed. (2 Samuel 11:14-25)
6. She mourned the death of her husband. (2 Samuel 11:26)
7. After becoming the wife of David, she bore him a son. (2 Samuel 11:27)
8. Her first child died. (2 Samuel 12:13-23)
9. She becomes the mother of Solomon. (2 Samuel 12: 24-25)
10. She influenced David to make Solomon king. (I Kings 1:11-31)
Text: Women of the Bible, 52 Bible Studies for individuals and Groups, Jean E. Syswerda, Zondervan, 1999.
1. The NIV Study Bible, Zondervan, 1995.
2. Women of the Bible, One Year Devotional Study of Women in Scripture, Ann Spangler and Jean E. Syswerda, Zondervan, 2007.