Sin is detrimental fun. Following God’s path is uplifting fun. The Lord works out everything for his own ends – even the wicked for a day of disaster. (Proverbs 16:4, NIV)
God is Real. In our attempts to understand God, define God, make our worship of God meaningful to us, make God relevant to our individual problems and prove God’s existence, we lose the true meaning of his infinite goodness and control. He is and we will never fully understand. We live by faith, not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7, NIV)
Positives changes in your life were not because of what you did but because of God’s interruptions. Love God because, God loved us first. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8, NIV)
Your losses due to the evil of others may be your greatest blessings. Don’t give up on God. After the pain you will find success and will be a blessing to others. But Joseph said to them, “Don’t be afraid. Am I in the place of God? You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now done, the saving of many lives. So then, don’t be afraid. I will provide for you and your children.” (Genesis 50:19-21)
SCRIPTURES RELEVANT TO 11 POINTS:
Joshua 2:1-21; 6:17-25, Hebrews 11:31, James 2:25
- Rahab was a prostitute.
2. Rahab was clever and wise.
3. Rahab saw judgement coming and devised an escape for herself and her family.
- Rahab hid the two spies that Johua son of Nun secretly sent from Shittim to look over the land especially Jericho.
- Rahab recognized that the GOD the Hebrews worshiped was the true GOD of all Heaven and earth.
- Rahab hid the spies on the roof of her house.
7. Rahab requested of the spies that herself, her family and that all belonging to her be sparred once the Hebrews attacked and took hold of Jericho.
8. Rahab not only hid the spies but she also lied to the King ‘s guards and sent them in the wrong direction to search for the spies.
- By lying to the King ‘s guard Rahab provided the spies with a way out of the city without being caught.
- Joshua sparred Rahab, her family and all that was hers because she helped the spies.
- Rahab married Salmon which produce the lineage that Jesus, the Messiah, is descendant from. (Matthew 1:5)
Women of the Bible, 52 Bible Studies for Individuals and Groups, Jean E Syswerda, Zondervan, 1999.
Rahab is our next study from the series Women of the Bible, 52 Bible Studies for Individuals and Goups by Jean E Syswerda. The study of Rahab is found on page 59. The Bible Study will meet 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. For complete information call Glenda at 727-542-4683,.
God gives blessings, not insignificant gifts. His blessings are consistent with His will and purpose for your life. Plain gifts are what you want for your own edification. The blessing of the Lord brings wealth, and he adds no trouble to it. (Proverbs 10:22)