SCRIPTURES RELEVANT TO 11 POINTS:
Joshua 2:1-21; 6:17-25, Hebrews 11:31, James 2:25
- Rahab was a prostitute.
2. Rahab was clever and wise.
3. Rahab saw judgement coming and devised an escape for herself and her family.
- Rahab hid the two spies that Johua son of Nun secretly sent from Shittim to look over the land especially Jericho.
- Rahab recognized that the GOD the Hebrews worshiped was the true GOD of all Heaven and earth.
- Rahab hid the spies on the roof of her house.
7. Rahab requested of the spies that herself, her family and that all belonging to her be sparred once the Hebrews attacked and took hold of Jericho.
8. Rahab not only hid the spies but she also lied to the King ‘s guards and sent them in the wrong direction to search for the spies.
- By lying to the King ‘s guard Rahab provided the spies with a way out of the city without being caught.
- Joshua sparred Rahab, her family and all that was hers because she helped the spies.
- Rahab married Salmon which produce the lineage that Jesus, the Messiah, is descendant from. (Matthew 1:5)
Women of the Bible, 52 Bible Studies for Individuals and Groups, Jean E Syswerda, Zondervan, 1999.